Dec 11, 2011
Totalitarianism and Libertarianism (docu)
1. Totalitarianism docu
A book I really liked about totalitarianism is J.S. Talmon's "The Origins of Totalitarian Democracy". (The links are to Wikipedia.) The reasons I liked it are that it is well-written and that it provided a lot of background I was not then aware of, when I first read it, in 1974, especially about French precursors of the French Revolution. If you are not interested in the history of ideas, it may be too detailed; if you are, you shouldn't miss the extensive notes, for which you do need French.
2. Libertarianism docu
They are libertarians, and that is a mostly American collection of political philosophies that seems rather strange from my European point of view. So I searched some and read some, and I found the following two items from rationalwiki.org:
These help clarify the subject some for me, and also may help some to understand my being puzzled by what I got served under the term "Libertarian": All manner of things - left and right politics; supply side economics; Tea Party; Hayek; Ayn Rand; polyamory; legalized pot; de-regulation and rather a lot more of mostly U.S. things, which I don't really know much about - U.S. society, I mean - having never been there, and also not having a TV since 1970.
Anyway... this was
just some helpful documentation some may be interested in.
As to ME/CFS (that I prefer to call ME):
Short descriptions of the above:
1. Ten reasons why ME/CFS is a real disease by a professor of medicine of Harvard.
2. Long essay by a professor emeritus of medical chemistry about maltreatment of ME.
3. Explanation of what's happening around ME by an investigative journalist.
4. Report to Canadian Government on ME, by many medical experts.
5. Advice to psychiatrist by a psychiatrist who understands ME is an organic disease
6. English mathematical genius on one's responsibilities in the matter of one's beliefs:
7. A space-
and computer-scientist takes a look at psychology.
See also: ME -Documentation and ME - Resources
The last has many files, all on my site to keep them accessible.
|home - index - top - mail|