Oct 6, 2011
Martin Gardner video
After yesterday's fine explanations, I got a bit tired of rather a lot of the prose on Phoenix Rising, mostly because it reminds me of true believers, so for the moment there is not another Nederlog on XMRV, science, wishful thinking and groupthinking.
But it did remind me of Martin Gardner's fine books - "Fads and fallacies in the name of science" and "Science: Good, Bad and Bogus" are the most relevant in the present context, but he wrote many more - about whom I wrote briefly here, when I learned of his death:
This also includes some links to fine videos with Richard Feynman, but today I found a fine video about Martin Gardner. The title is not quite what it says, though Conway is in it too:
If you like science, mathematics, magic, puzzles, or want to see a number of mathematical geniuses and other very intelligent folks, this is what you want to have a look at. It's also interesting and easy to follow, with some nice magic included.
P.S. Corrections, if any are necessary, have to be made later.
As to ME/CFS (that I prefer to call ME):
Short descriptions of the above:
1. Ten reasons why ME/CFS is a real disease by a professor of medicine of Harvard.
2. Long essay by a professor emeritus of medical chemistry about maltreatment of ME.
3. Explanation of what's happening around ME by an investigative journalist.
4. Report to Canadian Government on ME, by many medical experts.
5. Advice to psychiatrist by a psychiatrist who understands ME is an organic disease
6. English mathematical genius on one's responsibilities in the matter of one's beliefs:
7. A space-
and computer-scientist takes a look at psychology.
See also: ME -Documentation and ME - Resources
The last has many files, all on my site to keep them accessible.
|home - index - top - mail|