Sep 12, 2011
More Wittgenstein + more Russell
As I said yesterday, I
forgot to upload rather a lot I had done by April of this year, until
yesterday, which may interest a few, though I should repeat, as I also
said, that my comments are not finished yet, and are also in need of
Then again, this - writing
an extensive comment on Wittgenstein's Tractatus - is the oldest thing
I am still working on, since I started this in 1968 or 1969, in a
typescript, and the main three reasons I still have not finished it are
that (1) I am ill since January 1, 1979, which really made me much less
capable than it would have let me be otherwise, and that (2) what I
have to say about Wittgenstein is mostly destructive, and won't matter
much for logic, at least, because no mathematical logician takes
Wittgenstein's Tractarian ideas very serious, while (3) doing better
than Wittgenstein did takes time and trouble.
But it may help some not to
be bewitched by Wittgenstein's philosophy or philosophies (counting the
Wittgensteinian teachings of the Philosophical Investigations as
another philosophy than the Tractarian one), and may help them also see
or find out that there were much better philosophers and logicians,
both before and after Wittgenstein.
This can be found briefly
expounded in my comments to Russell's
foreword to the Tractatus, of which I did finish the first version
P.S. Corrections, if any are necessary, have to be made later.
As to ME/CFS (that I prefer to call ME):
Short descriptions of the above:
1. Ten reasons why ME/CFS is a real disease by a professor of medicine of Harvard.
2. Long essay by a professor emeritus of medical chemistry about maltreatment of ME.
3. Explanation of what's happening around ME by an investigative journalist.
4. Report to Canadian Government on ME, by many medical experts.
5. Advice to psychiatrist by a psychiatrist who understands ME is an organic disease
6. English mathematical genius on one's responsibilities in the matter of one's beliefs:
7. A space-
and computer-scientist takes a look at psychology.
See also: ME -Documentation and ME - Resources
The last has many files, all on my site to keep them accessible.
|home - index - top - mail|