More Hazlitt - 4
I wrote earlier on this place about
lately that I was adding his
Political Essays - but had some considerable difficulties to cope
with, that shouldn't be there: More Hazlitt - 3 + a note on Google.
Today I added the beginning of Hazlitt's
An Essay on the
Principles of Human Action but I have the same difficulties, albeit
that while this "text" Google produces in this case is also useless without
the pdf (that only has images of the pages), it is not as awfully garbled as
in Google's te
Anyway - in case you like Hazlitt, you have something to
I do hope to get it done and in html on my site, so that I
can write my comments on these books, but that will need more time, more
energy and more work, though Hazlitt is worth it.
P.S. Corrections, if any are necessary, have to
be made later.
As to ME/CFS (that I prefer to call ME):
1. Ten reasons why ME/CFS is a real disease by a
professor of medicine of Harvard.
2. Long essay by a professor emeritus of medical chemistry about
maltreatment of ME.
3. Explanation of what's happening around ME by an investigative
4. Report to Canadian Government on ME, by many medical experts.
5. Advice to psychiatrist by a psychiatrist who understands ME is an
6. English mathematical genius on one's responsibilities in the matter
of one's beliefs:
is wrong always, everywhere, and for anyone, to believe anything upon
7. A space- and computer-scientist takes a look at psychology.
8. Malcolm Hooper puts things together status 2010.
me! alas, pain, pain ever, forever!
No change, no pause, no hope! Yet I endure.
I ask the Earth, have not the mountains felt?
I ask yon Heaven, the all-beholding Sun,
Has it not seen? The Sea, in storm or calm,
Heaven's ever-changing Shadow, spread below,
Have its deaf waves not heard my agony?
Ah me! alas, pain, pain ever, forever!"
- (Shelley, "Prometheus Unbound")
"It was from this time that I developed my way of judging
the Chinese by dividing them into two kinds: one humane and one not. "
ME -Documentation and
ME - Resources
Maarten Maartensz (M.A. psy, B.A. phi)
home - index - top -